1. Whiskey Dream Kathleen: I love the slow tempo in this one, very reminiscent of Sunsets in Carcrashes but also very fresh. Nick’s voice is so sweet too.
2. Chemicals: ugh, this is one of my two favorites. this one sent chills up my spine with the intensity of it. it’s Nick’s pure passion at its finest & I absolutely adore the guitar.
3. Parallels and Money: I was so so so excited they did another version of this song because this is actually one of my favorites Spill Canvas songs in general. the drum beat with the guitar on this song just gets me every time.
4. From: San Fransisco: this one is very representative of their new sound honestly yet is also reminiscent of One Fell Swoop in a way. it doesn’t make the biggest impression on my mind but I still really like it.
5. To: Chicago: this goes along with track 4 in a way but I think I like it a bit better.
6. Off a Cliff: I really enjoyed this one because it gives sort of an airy feeling & it gets stuck in my head a lot. I actually woke up singing it this morning oddly enough. oh I also love the piano in this one, it gives it an interesting feel.
7. Firm Believer: this song has a really nice subdued quality & once again I have to praise Joe’s unique drumming.
8. The Meds: this track is reminiscent of No Really, I’m Fine in a way. but it’s also kind of odd, specifically the drum beat. & that damn guitar solo is fucking amazing. it has a sort of David Gilmour quality in that it fits so well in the song. it was definitely creative & full of passion & I very much enjoy it.
9. Mariana: my other favorite from this album. I adore this one. Nick’s fucking voice is just lush & mesmerizing & the whole sound of this one just kills me. it gives me the feeling of walking down a back alley of some urban area in the heat of the day or riding down a highway in the back of a truck.
10. My Vicinity: adorable song. this is another one I find myself humming in my head a lot because the melody is just really nice. their sweet songs are so perfect.
11. Sabotage Internal: the fucking bass line on this is sublime. I really love the ethereal, almost trippy quality in this one. it’s like floating on your back in a crystal clear lake watching the clouds go by. & once again the guitar solo was fantastic.
basically, this album was above & beyond my expectations. I suspect it may become my favorite from them honestly. it’s clear that the boys put their hearts & souls into this & I look forward to hearing more of this sound from them.
ok so Gestalt is on youtube now & I’m listening to it finally. I’m only on track one & I already fucking love it so much. I could download it with a video converter but I don’t want to do that since the Spill Canvas need the support. so once I have the money to purchase the album I’ll have a more definite opinion about the songs but for right now it’s positively gorgeous & I’m like tearing up listening to it.